Water For Cannabis
Whenever possible, it is necessary to use water of very low salinization, distilled or reverse osmosis (soft water), for the preparation of nutrient solutions, for watering, root washing, etc. It is a very important key to success, because because of the products we will use EC levels will rise and if we use too hard water we could overfeed the plant, to guide you of the quality of the water you can fix in the EC:
0.11 Very soft – 0.11 to 0.23 Soft – Slightly hard 0.23 to 0.39 – Moderately hard 0.39 to 0.5 – Dura 0.5 to 0.65 – Very hard 0.65 or more.
It is advisable to have an EC meter as we will give you a good use throughout the whole process of the plant.
There are so-called reverse osmosis systems in specialized stores that leave the water to the perfect point. Always adjust the pH (remember that the recommended pH is 6 to 6.5) of this water and the nutrient solutions for the subscriber. In this way we guarantee a normal absorption of nutrients and a healthy plant.
Watering a lot will be one of the reasons why our plants will die, especially when they are small. When we start without any experience or any knowledge, we try to give the best of
our plants and it is that we are killing them, we submit them to a slow agony, drowning them or facilitating that the fungi do theirs.
So that this does not happen to us, simply do not overdo it in the irrigations. Wait for the last layer of soil to dry, you can put your finger on the soil to know when to water, do not let the pots dry completely and watch for good drainage. There must be some holes in the bottom that will cause the excess water to escape. If the pot did not drain, excess water would accumulate in the pot and affect the roots or make the soil acid or moldy.
We must also take into account that with nutrients this does not happen and if we give it more, the plant will eat more, being able to get to death from excess fertilizers, and if we give less we will eat less, marking over time the deficiencies in the leaves.
It is good to spray plants with water (best distilled) every day when the lights go out.
The EC Recommended for the entire cycle of a plant with a flowering of 55 to 65 days:
– The first week would be recommendable EC of 0.60 to 0.70.
– The second from 0.80 to 0.90.
– The third week from 1.00 to 1.10.
– The fourth from 1.20 to 1.30 here is when I should get the sex out.
– The fifth from 1.30 to 1.40 here already starts to draw the flower.
– The sixth from 1.50 to 1.60.
– Seventh from 1.80 to 1.90.
– Eighth from 1.80 to 1.90.
– The ninth week would be for cleaning the plant waste fertilizer, ect. we recommend products like Ripen, cannaflush, finalflush and final phase that are specially indicated for this work.
– The recommended pH for the whole process, both in growth and flowering, is 6 to 6.5.